Welcome to Our Dreambox World - Japhar Sim - SuperSim
Forum Stats
12690 Members
237 Forums
7970 Topics
24430 Posts

Max Online: 15217 @ 04/11/26 09:25 PM
Newest Members
akira, willi0815, bata, Bourasira, nugzari
12690 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Toysoft, Admin), 2973 Guests and 57 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters
Admin 10156
Toysoft 2739
satsedhu 1713
fairbird 765
ludo19 442
Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 3
dbox2005 2
October
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Topic Options
#11660 - 03/30/17 03:50 PM Twin Silicon dvb-s2 tuner
bsat Offline
stranger

Registered: 03/30/17
Posts: 2
I could'n find information, whether Japhar Sim supports new Twin Silicon DVB-S2 tuner. Does it?

I have DM 800HD SE clone with Sim 2.10 (84d)
It works fine with BCM4505 tuner, but new Si2166b twin-tuner cannot work, even if upgraded to newest drivers.
I have tried many patched images, but they work only with BCM4505 tuner.

After searching over internet I found opinions, that this new tuner requires original drivers and original Sim card.
One possible option may be replacing my 2.10 Sim with A8P, but I can't be sure if it will work.

Another option wold be using Japhar SuperSim.
Question is - will it support this new tuner like original software?

I think, that if I replace sim with Japhar's and install original image it could work.


rgds - bsat

Top
#11663 - 03/30/17 04:11 PM Re: Twin Silicon dvb-s2 tuner [Re: bsat]
Admin Online   content
Japhar Member
Carpal Tunnel

Registered: 10/19/10
Posts: 10156
Dear bsat,

We are working on this direction, today only using an original Sim you will be able to use newer drivers than the ones used in the clones (Ferrari, Sim2, estar and Japhar).

We hope to have soon a good solution to your problem, but until it's not public we prefer to advise that it is coming, and will be publicly announced when we have finished it.

Admin
_________________________

Top
#11664 - 03/30/17 05:32 PM Re: Twin Silicon dvb-s2 tuner [Re: bsat]
bsat Offline
stranger

Registered: 03/30/17
Posts: 2
Hello Admin,

thanks for your quick comment.
I will be eagerly waiting for it.
It would be nice to know, when such solution will be available.
Could you estimate it?

rgds - bsat

Top
#11666 - 03/31/17 03:24 AM Re: Twin Silicon dvb-s2 tuner [Re: bsat]
Admin Online   content
Japhar Member
Carpal Tunnel

Registered: 10/19/10
Posts: 10156
As for software always, we cannot give a date of release, but once it will be ready we will advise about it, I really hope it to come very soon now ;o)

Admin
_________________________

Top


Moderator:  NewNigma2 
New Topics
Dish DBS sheds $4.4B in debt, exits Chapter 11
by Admin
10/05/26 01:37 PM
Ethernet usb drivers for 0bda:8150, OpenPLi 9xstar
by Admin
09/17/26 06:43 PM
Broken RJ45 on your DM9x0 ? How to Flash image...
by Admin
09/17/26 03:28 PM
VU+ Solo² Lorinsun etc.. new life
by dbox2005
06/14/19 05:41 PM