Hi All,

Newbie, intro part: I use to be quite into the scene of Dreambox flashing back a few years ago when I lived in Spain and the need was there to tinker with these boxes and get them working, however I am now living in the UK and I have not had the need to change the image on the box until the other day when I thought it would be nice to update my Dreambox DM800HD.

I thought that the most recent image available was the OpenPLI but knew this had been discontinued a while ago, then I came across the Japhar forum topics and started reading, a lot, as I dindt even know there was a Sim card etc...

I have 3 x Original DM800 HD boxes (SSL84). I really like the DM800 and was disappointed when development stopped on them as I paid around €400/box back in the day frown.

Question: I was wondering, (apologies if this has been asked before, but I cant find it) is there a Japhar image I can try on my existing hardware BEFORE I buy the new Japhar sim.
I have read on: http://www.ourdreambox.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7625#Post7625 - "you can still use this image version (with your DM800HD Original with Original sim) built with 1.6.2 GStreamer." but this is what I downloaded and bricked my box with, im now waiting for a Null Modem cable to fix it, so thought I would ask in the meantime.

Is this line correct? Can I try this version on my existing hardware to see if I like it before buying the Japhar sim?

Many thanks for your developments, im glad I have found this for my DM800HD's.