How to Flash OpenPLi on DM520HD through USB

Posted by: Athar H. Tanwri

How to Flash OpenPLi on DM520HD through USB - 04/13/20 08:30 AM

Dear Members,

I use WiFi internet on DM520.

Kindly guide how to Flash OpenPLi on DM520 through USB.
Posted by: Admin

Re: How to Flash OpenPLi on DM520HD through USB - 04/13/20 10:40 AM

On our experience to reflash a box, you cannot do it thru a Wifi Dongle or connection (Only the hardwired one Vonets would be OK, as in fact it's just a RJ45 cable for the box), you will need then to connect your box to the Router/Modem to flash it.

But often the recent images are upgradable thru internet, via the feed servers. If you want to keep your image and just upgrade it, then just do it online. But for reflashing, you will need a Router/Modem and real RJ45 cable.

There is in some boxes the option to use the Service Port (Mini-USB port), with the proper software (DreamUp/JapharFlasher), but this is not available for the DM520HD/DM525HD, and DM900UHD/DM920UHD, as well as the new DreamOne/Two/Seven until today.

Admin
Posted by: Athar H. Tanwri

Re: How to Flash OpenPLi on DM520HD through USB - 04/15/20 09:45 AM

Here's a method shared by Fred and it worked fine with me for updating original Dream Image on DM520.

Create a partition with an ext or FAT file system labeled as "DREAMFLASH" on the USB device. Then copy the imagefile to the device and rename it, if necessary, to dreambox-image-dm520.tar.xz, then plugin the device and reboot the dreambox.
Posted by: Athar Hussain

Re: How to Flash OpenPLi on DM520HD through USB - 08/16/21 07:11 AM

I have to clear above method, as I have now used it for several times.

Flash any image on Dreambox (DM520, DM900 and DM920 etc), I explain here for DM520

1- Format USB with Fat-32
2- Label usb "DREAMFLASH"
3- Copy image to USB Drive
4- Rename image "dreambox-image-dm520.tar.xz"
5- Insert USB to receiver
6- Now from standby menu select Recovery Mode
or Shut Down your receiver and then press and hold touch button of receiver
or from telnet give any one of below commands

to-the-rescue
or
echo "rescue" >> /proc/stb/fp/boot_mode
reboot

Note:
If receiver is on red light then first Power Off your receiver from rocker switch.
Then power on your receiver and touch and hold front touch panel within 500 ms to bring receiver into Rescue Mode