Need info for Japhar sim

Posted by: Zeljo1981

Need info for Japhar sim - 02/15/16 11:54 PM

Hi.I just installed last version of Open Pli image for dm800se Japhar NC3sim.On my info i notice that my gstreamer version is 1.7.1.I saw on v.14 Open Pli that gstreamer is now 1.8.Is there any way to update this internal.Also i notice that there is new v3 bat.file that come with image together.I bought my Japhar sim last year,10.08.2015 so do i need to use programmer to flash new files or i dont need to do anything.V14 which i installed is working ok so far.
Posted by: Admin

Re: Need info for Japhar sim - 02/16/16 12:06 AM

Hello,

Yes, it's normal that is shows the old version number 1.7.1, as it's 1.8 Pre-Release (was not yet named officially).

Your sim should be ok, as it's from August 2015. You can always reflash it, but it's not necessary (Only on DM8000HD you would gain a better boot rate, for all all other boxes only minor changes from v2 to v3).

Admin

Re: Need info for Japhar sim - 02/16/16 05:09 AM

Thanks for your answer.I dont have yet suitable programmer,so it is god for me that i dont need to reflash those files to my Japhar sim card.
Posted by: Admin

Re: Need info for Japhar sim - 02/16/16 05:13 AM

;o), we try to get the Reader/Programmer GCR2 as less as possible necessary yes. But it can be useful in future as we give the possibility to upgrade and reflah the sim, that no other sim gives, so it's an extra thing ;o) if you have the PC/SC GCR2.

GCR2 available at http://www.japhar.com/japhar/

Admin

Re: Need info for Japhar sim - 02/16/16 11:04 PM

Yes i like that new thing about rewritting and upgrading sim card.I ll try to find one suitable sim reader soon.