Recent image with Ralink Wifi Devices support

Posted by: bori

Recent image with Ralink Wifi Devices support - 03/13/20 01:34 AM

Hello and Greetings

Recently I ordered and update my DM800HDse to Japhar Sim. The updated and swap process was smooth. I tried first the latest Japhar Openpli 20200222 image. While the look and features are amazing I have found that my Wifi devices Ralink RT5370 does not work. I have received support from Toysoft loading drivers but at the end can not find a way to make it work. Is there anyone here with this Wifi devices? Working on any of the latest Images?? Thanks!!
Posted by: Admin

Re: Recent image with Ralink Wifi Devices support - 03/13/20 01:39 AM

We are checking it with Toysoft, about the RT5370 as you have on DM800HDse (v1).

Did you installed the firmware as well, as explained on the topic below ? (It should be in box in folder /lib/firmware)

http://www.ourdreambox.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=20659#Post20659

Admin

Re: Recent image with Ralink Wifi Devices support - 03/13/20 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Admin
We are checking it with Toysoft, about the RT5370 as you have on DM800HDse (v1).

Did you installed the firmware as well, as explained on the topic below ? (It should be in box in folder /lib/firmware)

http://www.ourdreambox.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=20659#Post20659

Admin

A new post was just added at the end of it. Problem is that there are so many links and multiple post. I tried and the device was recognized but it did not work. It never found my internet or anything. I have several points around the house which usually show when looking for connections including mine but nothing show up. There are not instructions or something that can help in the topic. A lot of information and links in it. Thanks
Posted by: Toysoft

Re: Recent image with Ralink Wifi Devices support - 03/13/20 02:27 AM

You need to also install the firmware file,

Some USB Dongles requires an external bin file for the firmware, some already have it in the driver executable file. In the case of your dongle, RT5370 from the Ralink family RTxx7x, you need also the firmware to be installed.

So you need as explained on the post I gave you the link from Admin, you can see you need to install the driver + firmware and then the wireless plugin.

Code:
opkg update
opkg install kernel-module-rt2800usb-3.2-dm800se
opkg install firmware-rt2870
opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-wirelesslan

Try and let us know the result,

TS

Re: Recent image with Ralink Wifi Devices support - 03/13/20 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Toysoft
You need to also install the firmware file,

Some USB Dongles requires an external bin file for the firmware, some already have it in the driver executable file. In the case of your dongle, RT5370 from the Ralink family RTxx7x, you need also the firmware to be installed.

So you need as explained on the post I gave you the link from Admin, you can see you need to install the driver + firmware and then the wireless plugin.

Code:
opkg update
opkg install kernel-module-rt2800usb-3.2-dm800se
opkg install firmware-rt2870
opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-wirelesslan

Try and let us know the result,

TS

Hello

No luck. I did as instructed. Everything loads fine. Ratlink Wifi device is detected, My internet connection is detected in search, WPA or WPA2 is set, encryption key is entered but unfortunately it does NOT connected to internet.

Re: Recent image with Ralink Wifi Devices support - 03/14/20 01:10 AM

Hello

I will like to Thanks Toysoft for such wonderful support. He walked me thru the process of solving my Wifi problem for the last 2 days. Finally, we make it worked!! Again, thanks him and this great forum! keep up the good work!! Best Regards to all 👍👍👍
Posted by: Admin

Re: Recent image with Ralink Wifi Devices support - 03/14/20 01:22 AM

Great news ! Thanks for your feedback and enjoy your box.

Have a nice weekend !

Admin