Atmospheric discharge in DVI

Posted by: deny

Atmospheric discharge in DVI - 08/24/19 12:25 AM

Dear friends,

I was presented with a lightning strike that hit the DVI output of my DM8000 japhar clone. frown

All for a Chinese HMDI switch.

Below are the images of the components I need to replace. I need help, what is the correct specification of the components that signaled that they were damaged by the electric arc.
I need to know where to buy these components.

The dm8000 turns on, starts the power led and the hard disk. However, no signal and video signal are input to the main screen on the front.

Thank you very much for your kind colleagues attention !!

Deny H.P
Posted by: Johnny_B

Re: Atmospheric discharge in DVI - 08/24/19 03:16 PM

R816/R817 = 2k
D402/D406/D407 = A7W SOT23-3 Dual Surface Mount Switching Diode.
D403 = WB1 sot23-3 I think, a zener diode the BZX84-C3V3.

Re: Atmospheric discharge in DVI - 08/24/19 03:35 PM

Many thanks Johnny,
Can you get any backing to repair dual surface SMD? some background material on the internet.
Posted by: Johnny_B

Re: Atmospheric discharge in DVI - 08/24/19 03:59 PM

I'm not sure what you ask but the removal of these components are mostly done with a hot air station.

When you mean, if I could give you some sellers which offers these parts, then I advice to use Google for searching for it.
Posted by: Admin

Re: Atmospheric discharge in DVI - 08/24/19 05:51 PM

Perhaps cheaper to buy a second hand ?

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=DM8000HD&_sacat=0

Admin

P.S.: Is the SCART working if you put a SCART cable from box to TV or use the AudioRW/VideoY DIN cables on the back of the box ?

Re: Atmospheric discharge in DVI - 08/25/19 02:26 AM

I did not test with the SCART cable. I did not see the front main display screen initialize so did not perform this test. Thanks for the tip!