DM800HDse v1 crashes with Green screen

Posted by: rowellvb

DM800HDse v1 crashes with Green screen - 10/05/18 07:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I hope the great people on here may be able to help me.
I have a problem with my Ferrari HD800HDse v1. This box was working like a charm for quite a long time and suddenly it stops immediately (green screen) when it is connected to the sat antenna.
It is running SSL82F DE-OpenBlackHole BH 1.4 software image. I tried another PSU just in case, but with the same effect.
Before to reflash, remove the software or something like that, I would like to know how can I back up the settings and the channel list.
Attached a crash log report as well as a picture of how it looks inside when it is power on.
Any help would be really appreciated, thank you very much in advance.
rowellvb
Posted by: Johnny_B

Re: DM800hdse v1 crashes with Green screen - 10/05/18 08:40 PM

Remove the tuner, and see if it without also crashes.
With some luck, it doesn't and thus you could try it with another tuner.

Re: DM800hdse v1 crashes with Green screen - 10/05/18 09:19 PM

Hi Johnny B,

Thank you very much for your quick support.
But before removing the tuner, I’ve tried unplugging the cable and the box starts working without any green screens.
I’ve also noticed that the time clock is not synchronized even though it has Internet connection. On the box screen there is also a message that says “Initialization failed”.

I really appreciate any help, thank you very much in advance.
rowellvb

Re: DM800hdse v1 crashes with Green screen - 10/05/18 09:36 PM

Initialization failed issue is as far as I known related to the hdd, probably not connected or other causes.
Maybe makes the hdd conector to the motherboard a bad connection.
When the box starts up fine without the network connected, but crashes when connected.
This could be caused by the dhcp router, mac address conflict, bad lan cable (shorted), network driver issue, or other cause.

Check the dhcp router/hub etc. to see if it's caused by that, hold the front push button, turn on the box and check if it gets a ip from the dhcp server, other could be, nand flash chip full with data, if so then best is to reflash the box to see if it solved the issue.

Re: DM800hdse v1 crashes with Green screen - 10/06/18 08:34 PM

Finally, the solution was much easier, I just reflash the box and voila! Everything is working as usual.
Thank you very much.

Re: DM800hdse v1 crashes with Green screen - 10/06/18 10:42 PM

Great, problem solved, well done and enjoy your victory. ;o)