What is a VuJ chip ? (By Johnny)

Posted by: Admin

What is a VuJ chip ? (By Johnny) - 02/13/18 01:10 PM

Maybe you recognize it, you have a clone (Vu box) receiver that works perfectly but because the security chip fails, the box does not work anymore.
The security chip is nowhere for sale and so you have a non-working box, or at least the tuners failed.

Or, your clone box does it perfectly, but the software for it is no longer being made, thus you must use old software.
Or, you had enough of searching the suitable software for the box because it's a clone.

To solve this problems and more, the VuJ chip now exists.

Picture of the VuJ Board,

It gives you the opportunity to revitalize your (old) clone receiver so that you can use the latest and original software, but also all older clone and original software.

Now you may have some questions like ..

1. How do I know if my clone box is suitable for this chip?
Only boxes that have already been tested are suitable for the VuJ chip, all other unknown boxes are not (yet) known.
Here you will be able to see which ones have been tested, including the actions that have to be performed to convert the box to the VuJ chip.

2. Can I also perform the online updates whet I use the original software?
Yes you can, it's tested without any problems however there is no guarantee for all cases.

3. Can I buy these VuJ chip?
You can buy the chip, or the VuJ chip board in the Japhar Shop .

4. I have a ......... receiver but it's not on the list of the tested boxes.
In that case you could take a look to the motherboard, there may be a square chip with a crystal nearby.
Something like this,

If you have such a receiver then you could try it by yourself to remove the chip and add the wires etc.
Just give me a close good quality picture of it, one on which is good to see the tracks from/to the chip and I will try to help you out with the wire connections.
Or, sent the box or motherboard to me, and I will try to modify it.
However there is no guarantee that it will succeed.

5. Rx/Tx jumpers, where is this for?
These jumpers are basically for the vu+ Duo and Solo receivers which already has a connector for the security chip board.
But since the Duo and Solo are different with these pins it can be swapped with the jumpers.
However, it's actually not needed to jumper these, both boxes will work fine without these jumpers.
In any case, these connections are only needed for upgrading to the security chip, when it may released from the Japhar team, but this I do not expect to be needed.

More information will come here later, so also the information to modify the receiver, that is, the ones which are tested.
In any case these are tested.​

Vu+ Uno,

*Vu+ Uno (Ferrari chip) clone (old chip needs to be removed and a connector/wires needs to be mount to the tuner).
For the instructions, Howto, See here...

Vu+ Solo,

*Vu+ Solo (Ferrari chip) clone (security chip module replacement).
For the instruction, Howto, See here...

*Skybox Solo Mini (old chip needs to be removed and a connector/wires needs to be mount to the motherboard).

*Vu+ solo2 (lonrisun) (only the chip replacement, but better will be to modify it to a socket version), other solo2 boxes are yet unknown.

Vu+ Duo,

*Vu+ Duo (Ferrari chip) clone (security chip module replacement).
For the instructions, Howto, See here.. .

*Vu+ Duo Mini (old chip needs to be removed and a connector/wires needs to be mount to the motherboard).

*Cloud Ibox 4 (VuDuo) (removal of the security chip, or change the direction of two resistors, and a connector/wires needs to be mount to the motherboard).
Posted by: Admin

Re: What is a VuJ chip ? (By Johnny) - 02/13/18 01:11 PM

More