Vu Solo - Which images?

Posted by: Matt

Vu Solo - Which images? - 12/07/19 05:51 PM

I have a really old Vu Solo HD box, Its currently running a BH 2.1.0.1 image, which it runs well, but everything is out of date, none of the apps work properly on the box etc.
I have opened the box up and inside the security chip is soldered t the main pcb, and it has a sticker on the top saying "X Card"
Can this chip be upgraded? Anyone know what images I need to try on it?
Posted by: Johnny_B

Re: Vu Solo - Which images? - 12/07/19 07:04 PM

Better is to give a picture of the security chip and area.
But since I have successful modified several solo/duo boxes with the XCard chip on it to the VuJ chip module, it looks to me possible.

Image files suitable for your XCard box and young versions to find, seems to me difficult, or not possible.

When you have modified to the VuJ chip, then you can use the newest Vu+ Solo image file.
Posted by: Matt

Re: Vu Solo - Which images? - 12/07/19 07:51 PM

Hi Johnny

Firstly thanks for your response, I was an electronic service engineer for a long while and have soldering equipment I could use, Is the VU J chip a piggy back design or would I need to remove the current chip?
Heres a google drive folder containing a couple of images from my box.
Its quite a fast box, much faster than my old DM800HD so its a shame to leave it to waste, especially when it can be used for FTA HD stuff. I would like to add IPTV to it. smile

Posted by: Johnny_B

Re: Vu Solo - Which images? - 12/07/19 10:21 PM

It's basicly the same as the cloud box, see this drawing.

And no, you do not need to remove the chip from the board when you disable the R716 R717 (330) resistors connections from the XCard chip side by twisting them as the picture shows.

Then solder the resistors scl/sda with wires to the VuJ chip.
Find a + 3.3v spot and ground to feed the VuJ chip.
Then it's done.