Tuner problem with vix v3 image

Posted by: sailsy

Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 10/21/15 02:12 AM

I have done a fresh install of this image!vuduo-Apollo.023-20150917_082001

It works fine at first but after a while i have tune problems if i turn off by switch at back the turn back on sometimes rectifys problem but sometimes not!

sometimes doesnt recognise tuners installed also!

is it image or box what can i try please?
Posted by: Toysoft

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 10/21/15 04:52 AM

Are you sure to have a Ferrari v3.x box ? Please open and take photo of the security chip... as your problem looks like that your box is not a Ferrari.

TS

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 10/21/15 05:02 AM

ok will take a picture of the 3.2 security chip

Posted by: Admin

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 10/21/15 05:36 AM

Ok, should then work with V3/V3a images, if you have issues I would test the V2/V2a images, if you have the same problem with both type of images then it could be hardware related.

Admin
Posted by: diceman01

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 10/21/15 07:10 PM

I have had trouble with some boxes so too determine if hardware or software issues I try the following. Use Toysofts OpenBlackHole 1.4 and see if you problem still exists. If tuner issues are gone its a software issue with your setup. If it still persists its hardware. OpenBlackhole 1.4 is a good base to check with as always works well with all boxes.

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 10/21/15 11:27 PM

Ok I'll try the 1.4 thanks for input!

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 10/22/15 03:36 AM

Ok there's obviously some kind of hardware problem black hole 1.4 installed ok and channeled scanned ok then did a reboot wouldn't start left it ten mins booted ok!

So where do I look first power supply or security chip?
Posted by: diceman01

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 10/22/15 09:12 PM

PSU is common fault also C807 on main board causes starting issues, but Johnny B is the best person to sort hardware issues. Link to his forum: http://jb8a8f8.com/support/index.php
Posted by: Johnny_B

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 10/23/15 01:22 AM

I'm thinking on, check with a terminal as putty why it fails.
And if I think it's a hardware failure, and only when the box is warm, I would try to find the fault with freeze spray, or with a small fan blowing to a sector.

But if it's still have the original C807 cap, I would replace it.
Because this is the number one fault of these boxes.

And if that doesn't help, I would try another psu.
Nevertheless, because you say that it just works with a cold boot, there's a reasonable chance to find it with a fan.

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 01/06/16 03:21 AM

Ok i have changed psu and the c807 cap still have the same problem also tried a different security chip, didnt have much look with a blower!

i have took the board out and had a good look on both sides and noticed this marked by the arrows should there be solder there???

[img]https://mega.nz/#!H99h0RAI!4oQABPE9nEPR5EbgWVarmeds1notcH2goTtDmL7qSO8[/img]

Posted by: Johnny_B

Re: Tuner problem with vix v3 image - 01/06/16 05:43 AM

That's just the cover, and is already soldered with the other two.