After OpenBlackHole INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)

Posted by: wabrosch

After OpenBlackHole INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION) - 08/03/16 12:57 AM

Hi,
I tried the latest OpenBlackHole image and it works pretty well.
After I was trying something else, but ALL the images I try to load gave me this error message:

"INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)"

I am on an ORIGINAL DM800SE

Many thanks in advance for any hint!
Posted by: Toysoft

Re: After OpenBlackHole INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION) - 08/03/16 01:15 AM

You need always to flash the SSL only first, then flash the image, if you have such error.

TS
Posted by: wabrosch

Re: After OpenBlackHole INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION) - 08/03/16 01:44 AM

Thanks Toysoft!

I tested the BlackHole 0.1 and it works without any SSL loading. After acknowledging your message I was retrying but after the BH 0.1 there's no way to have an I.P. via DHCP anymore :-(

Any idea? (EDITED: It was back working after removing the USB KEY)
The next will be that as soon as I'm in the mood, I trash all my dreamboxes and I buy some cheaper and more reliable hardware.

Posted by: Toysoft

Re: After OpenBlackHole INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION) - 08/03/16 03:20 AM

Don't trash your Dreamboxes, if you do please send me them ;o).

All these, if MPEG4, are still strong and even better than new boxes. You just need to have the right software/sim on them. I don't count anymore all my friends who got back their DM800HD working, with the Japhar Sim and MastaG images OpenPLi 4.0 and BlackHole IPTV... and they watch Worldwide FTA IPTV ! The box was never thought for IPTV, but today is capable of Sat + Cable + Terrestrial and IPTV even better than other cheap boxes (remember cheap is always too expensive). Get your DM boxes working, and you will still use them for next 5 years.

Only the HEVC/H265 could change the situation, but none of the "cheap boxes" you talk about would survive as well. So keep your DM and get them updated properly.

TS