Connect to Box without DNS or Configuring Routing

Posted by: Champtheone

Connect to Box without DNS or Configuring Routing - 03/10/16 05:57 PM

Hello Guys,

I searched for a plugin or a way to connect to my box from the internet without configuring the router, but I got nothing out of it.

Do you guys know anyway to do that?

Thanks.
Posted by: Admin

Re: Connect to Box without DNS or Configuring Routing - 03/10/16 06:03 PM

This is not poassible. You need absolutely to redirect ports from your external IP to the internal IP and ports of your box, there is no plugin and definitely would be very dofficult to achieve as these parameters needs to be setup on router.

Admin

Re: Connect to Box without DNS or Configuring Routing - 03/10/16 06:11 PM

Ok, What about a plugin that connects to a server and retrieves a file and replace it. on demand by press a button of the remote?

Thanks
Posted by: Admin

Re: Connect to Box without DNS or Configuring Routing - 03/10/16 07:27 PM

Impossible, as you need to modify your ROUTER configuration, and every ISP and Router version is different, has different menus and password and have tens of different firmware for each model of router and version,... without talking about the routers controlled by the ISP directly that you cannot configure etc etc... totaly impossible. You need to modify the router configuration by hand yourself depending of your model of Router and it's specifications. But remember this is necessary only if you want a "server" like connection... what's the point of redirecting the internal IP to external IP if you use it as a "client/slave".

Admin
Posted by: Toysoft

Re: Connect to Box without DNS or Configuring Routing - 03/10/16 08:55 PM

The only thing I see that could be possible is when you are outside home ...

- Connect to your router if it has a VPN function, so then you are inside your network and can access any device inside your network.

- Have a PC always ON, at home, that has Teamviewer, so you can connect to it and then use it internally.

Naturally if you don't want to do any configuration in the router... or you can have a Linux box open to internet thru the SSH or Telnet or FTP services, and access it, to then go to the box (SSL/Telnet would allow it, not FTP).

TS

Re: Connect to Box without DNS or Configuring Routing - 03/10/16 10:30 PM

Ok thanks guys.

But what I need is to be able to execute a script that replaces a config file. Which could be triggered by the user with its remote control. Or via a cron job. I am actually testing the crontab, crond but it doesn't work, although the script works. Which only retrieves a file from the internet and puts it in a folder.

Regards.
Posted by: Toysoft

Re: Connect to Box without DNS or Configuring Routing - 03/10/16 10:51 PM

It's a very simple task, and it should work no problem... are you sure Cron is properly installed in your image and running ? As I would bet this is not the case.

You can PM me or WarLord and I am sure we can find what is wrong as normally it should work fine.

TS