237 Forums
7731 Topics
23826 Posts

Max Online: 4756 @ 02/20/20 11:12 PM
Newest Members
serwisowy789, tester27, talat1000, vu+vu, Ramaka
12424 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (Toysoft, Admin, albulushi6060, tester27, Smokey, bitgames), 797 Guests and 149 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters
Admin 9885
Toysoft 2639
satsedhu 1713
fairbird 765
ludo19 442
Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 11
Rome125 7
Toysoft 6
Sasillo 3
Bobo360 1
April
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21853 - 07/20/20 08:59 PM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
Toysoft Online   content
Japhar Member
Carpal Tunnel

Could your DM800HDse could have the power weakness ?

http://www.ourdreambox.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3698

TS
DE-OpenBlackHole 1.4 image : http://www.openblackhole.com/

#21854 - 07/20/20 09:19 PM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: Toysoft]
AJP007 Offline
VIP Japhar

Loc: DE - UK - FR - IT
Originally Posted By: Toysoft

TS

I remember reading about this wire solution between two connections.
As far as i know I DO NOT have this...NO

AS I type the dm800se has again crashed and is now NOT even re-booting, ONLY a Blinking Blue Light on Front above the Power Button.
I think this Box is Totally Screwed.
I will take the SIM and TB HDD and put it back in the Box. BASTA

Thanks for your Help and support again Guys.
AJP wink

#21855 - 07/20/20 10:05 PM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
Admin Online   content
Japhar Member
Carpal Tunnel

Remove internal HDD, if you have USB dongles as well, and if you have smartcards on the frontpanel as well... You could even remove the Tuner board, and use it with IPTV Streams, to see if the box works OK as is.

Flash the box with the latest OpenPLi 7.3star, if you have the OpenPLi boot logo with the flower and blue background it means the drivers are OK with the Sim version.

And test like that the box, then let us know.

Admin

Originally Posted By: AJP007
Originally Posted By: Toysoft

TS

I remember reading about this wire solution between two connections.
As far as i know I DO NOT have this...NO

AS I type the dm800se has again crashed and is now NOT even re-booting, ONLY a Blinking Blue Light on Front above the Power Button.
I think this Box is Totally Screwed.
I will take the SIM and TB HDD and put it back in the Box. BASTA

Thanks for your Help and support again Guys.
AJP wink

#21856 - 07/21/20 12:54 AM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
AJP007 Offline
VIP Japhar

Admin,
Super Workaround, Thanks, I will Test ALL this again in a couple of Days,
Have spent too long at this already, am getting into trouble here.
Must make a few Days rest.
Will report back as soon as I can
Thanks
AJP

#21858 - 07/21/20 11:24 PM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
AJP007 Offline
VIP Japhar

Hi Guys,
Decided to try this again today.
OK, I did some reading and searching on the Net and reached the conclusion that because
ALL the Images today are becoming BIGGER and our OLD DM800se from Ferrari times are still
the same Memory wise, this will cause problems.
I am NO expert on these Linux E2 issues BUT a little common sense goes a long way.!

Before I got this far, I had many many Green Screens and many, many new Flashes.
So many it was driving me Nuts.!!!

First things first, get an Image. I took this one:
openpli-enigma2-7.3star-dm800se_Japhar_v6_GStreamer_1.17.0.1_20200714

Secondly a little USB Stick, Formated to EXT4, (I took 1GB - big enough for most Plugins.)
Flash Expander - I could NOT find one to meet our requirements here in our JAM5.x,
so I downloaded ALL that I found on the Net.
This way I could Test them ALL, if the first one did not work.
You will have to Test and choose the one that suits your needs best.!

Here is little workaround....How to.... with compliments of "enigma1969" Thank You.!

I have attached ALL the Flash Expander Versions I found below.!
A quick search with G****** will get you there.!

Extend your Flash memory to an USB memory stick:

1. add an empty USB memory stick to your box (be aware the content will be deleted)

2. prepare your USB memory stick for FlashExpander
Menu
Setup
System
Storage device
choose your USB memory stick which you want to use for FlashExpander (be aware the content will be deleted)
Red Button: Initialize
after the USB memory stick is formatted do not mount it

3. Reboot your box (this is important also if you just use an already ext3 or ext4 formatted USB memory stick without initialize)

4. Extend your Flash memory using FlashExpander
Menu
Plugins
Start Flashexpander
choose your USB memory device and start the copy process (this takes a few minutes)
a message will appear to restart the box

5. check if FlashExpander is working
Menu
Plugins
Start Flashexpander

6. now you should have plenty of free Flash memory

New installed Plugins will be installed on extended Flash on USB

Now you can go ahead and SetUp the Image and Plugins with your own personal Settings.
With lots of Flash Memory.!!

This openPLi like many of the new oPli Images are really very frustrating to Set up and
personalize, in fact its ridiculous. There are so many settings options missing for the "Channel Selection", "Button Setup" and "OSD Settings".!!

I don't want to blame anyone in particular but Please get this sorted.
I am already seriously thinking about going with other Image Teams.

The Plugins that are included in the image should WORK because they are Built inside to be
compatible BUT they ARE NOT, EPGImporter is one of these its absolutely useless.!
see attachment screenshot below.. total Garbage.!!!!

Weather does NOT work and has to configured by user, which means going into
DCC and FTP into.... etc/enigma2/settings and setting it up yourselves. Unless you
know HOW its pretty complicated.!

Skins another of my problems, In the JAM 5.x there are so many Skins but most are
Crap and Ugly...IMHO. I prefer something a little more Esthetic and Simple ALL the
Information needed for a Skin BUT NOT too much...NOT so much cluster, nice clear colors
and again NO useless Information.!

I use and have been using the "Skin-Turbo-MOD-By-RAED" for many Years and I always write and talk about it BUT its NOT on the JAM..!
Would be so simple to Check it over and put into JAM in a 100% working condition compatible at least for ALL the Images here.!!
If I had the time, patience and skills to do Skinner work I would do it myself.!

Every Image from here I try to install has Errors regarding the Plugins, nothing works out the Box.
Always means messing about with things like Pythons, Kernels and Telnet Cmds etc...things i know nothing about.
Many people are NOT inclined that way and just don't have the know how to do this. I am one of these persons.
My Talents lie elsewhere.!

Another example is the Time In Display, ALL it shows is the Day and a little Top part of the Time.!! Another Bug to Fix please.
see attached Camera Pics

Everyone is going into IPTV nowadays so it would be useful to have a good IPTV Plugin.
The one I use is the JediMakerXtream v.6, once you Set it up, its great and does its business all by itself,
even picking up EPG and picon from your provider if its offered.
Cant find it in our JAM5.x.!
Have to start searching and Testing compatible versions and Images again.!
The JAM should contain some, if NOT all of these basic Plugins.
(ones that work,and are 100% Image compatible)

There is so MUCH stuff in the JAM, BUT never what one needs! Sorry, Guys BUT its true! It needs sorting out.!

I don't know who is responsible for this our Great Team here or the opnPli Image Team.
BUT it should really be addressed and dealt with.!

I know and admire ALL the hard work that our Guys DO here, BUT something is wrong and NOT right,
maybe they are doing too much of many and everything and NOT enough of just one of something.!!

I also realize its difficult to cater for ever ones needs, many we are ALL different and have diferent needs, but important things should come first.

My motto in life has always been if you do something or anything do it right or don't bother to do it at all.

I know this is a Hobby for us ALL and we do it in our spare time, but even so we should be able to do better.

OK enough said, SO finally I have my Box working again NOT 100% as I want it BUT its running.

Every new Start from St/by shows ONLY the Boot Screen and I have to open Favourites to
get a Channel showing, OR I Set a particular Channel as Start-Up Service.
Then it starts regular, but it should normally start with the last Channel watched before switching off.
Also a very strange behaviour.

This has cost me a Big of nerves and three Days of my Life.
NOT very Happy about the whole outcome.
Thanks for reading and caring.
If the Admin find anything I have said to be NOT OK, Please Delete.!
Cheers
AJP

Flash Expander
1) enigma2-plugin-extensions-dflash_12.6_all
2) flashexpander_0.33-r0_all
3) enigma2-plugin-extensions-flashexpander_pli_0.1_mipsel
4) enigma2-plugin-extensions-image-flashexpander_1.0_all

Attachments
Flash Expander.jpg (6 downloads)
Flash Expander v.0.33.jpg

EPG Plugin Garbage from openPli 7.3Star Latest image.!!.jpg (4 downloads)
Display Pic.jpg (2 downloads)
Start up service.jpg (98 downloads)

#21859 - 07/21/20 11:37 PM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
Admin Online   content
Japhar Member
Carpal Tunnel

Just for your information, the JAM is the result of 10 years of plugins and packages, and of support of tens of images. So you have to select what you need, and everyone else will do the same, and naturally will do it for their own install and selected image (that most probably will not be as you, same image and same needs/plugins).

So, it's a question of installing what you want and need, for the image you have. JAM plugins are not exclusively for OpenPLi... it's for many images. You only have 1 section for OpenPLi 4/5/6/7, that one is only for your image. Others are NOT intended for the image you use. You can try other's images plugins, at your own risk.

For the space, the image has around 3.5 Mb of flash memory available and there is a TIPS section with a lot of infos, on how to move folders to external Flash, or removal of things not used (like languages)... but I think you forgot to take a look on the TIPS section seeing your descriptions,... see below.

TIPS : http://www.ourdreambox.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=79&page=1

Concerning OpenPLi, we are not the creator and just port the OpenPLi to boxes that are not supported anymore... so we don't decide how is the image. The various plugins work, and are updated directly at every compilation. If something fails, it's related to the Plugin authors...

But the 3.5 Mb of Free Flash memory should be enough for everybody,... naturally not for people who want to load Skins, as skins generally require are few Mb of Flash memory... so if you want "extra cosmetics" then naturally you have to free some space and loose in functionnalities... in our side we prefer functionnalities to useless drivers and skins ;o)... every user and that's the good of linux images, can then modify the image and tune it per his needs.

Last thing... your LCD problem is a SKIN problem... so you install what you prefer, but that's the skin you installed that will control the LCD writting...

If you "fine tune" your image, you need to do it from the beggining to the end, and not expect all will work straight... You should do the install with the built-in skin, and all should work... all what is related to the GUI/Screens/LCD is managed by the Skin, skin that could fail or require not supported Fonts, etc... then the problem is not the image, but you installing things and failing to fine tune them as just installing a skin is not enough, you could have to fine tune various other things after, LCD, Menus, Fonts etc.

So OpenPLi works great, if you start to "fix" it your way, you have to do all the way, and not only some bits. It's not the image fault but more you that didn't finished the Fine Tune Job.

Admin

#21860 - 07/21/20 11:49 PM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
AJP007 Offline
VIP Japhar

Admin, thanks for your reply,
YES I, and probably everyone else likes to choose their own personal image. Agreed.

The Tips you guided me to I have read and observed, deleting Languages and ONLY installing ONE skin.
and then ONLY the Plugin I require , nothing that is NOT necessary.

So I did do ALL those things but still the Box kept crashing, BUT it is resolved now.Thanks

Regarding my Skin, I contacted Fairbird who MODIFIED the skin, he told it should be fine IN ALL OA images.
So I assumed it would be OK.

What I don't understand fully, is why Plugins that are offered in the Image "Dont work "either, for example EPGImporter, Weather etc

Cheers
AJP

#21861 - 07/22/20 12:02 AM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
Toysoft Online   content
Japhar Member
Carpal Tunnel

The box will startup on the latest channel it was when you rebooted previously the box... naturally this until you set a "startup" channel on the channel list menu. At first boot, it will be on no channel and if you turn off the box directly from power and not reboot enigma2 on a DVB channel or IPTV, it will not remember the "last" channel to startup with.

I agree with you that all is not that's "simple", but in facts most of us just use the image as it, and we don't change the skin (we use the built-in) that is generally the main reason of most common problems such as failures/crashes. Enigma2 software is built "around" the Skin, and so both are completely in symbiosis... tricking/playing with one (eg. GUI Skin) will get the other one failing (enigma2, with green screens).

TS

#21862 - 07/22/20 12:15 AM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
AJP007 Offline
VIP Japhar

TS,
thanks for explaining, you know me I am here to Help as much
as I can, my Posts are always very explaining of everything
I try to Fix.
I am ONLY saying a little less would be better.

I know you have ALL worked really hard to get this Forum up and running and the JAM compilation with 10 years sortiment of Tools and Plugins is extremely valuable and costly BUT perhaps a few of these are also outdated?

Anyway I don't want to make bad feelings, I just wanted to express my thoughts.
Cheers
AJP

#21863 - 07/22/20 12:20 AM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
Admin Online   content
Japhar Member
Carpal Tunnel

It's good you give your opinion, the point is here there is all type of users, who can use an old DM500s box, as well as an only DM800HDpvr Sim 1.0, etc... So we keep all software for those who can also not buy a new Japhar sim (Many arrive here finding things for their old box impossible to find anywhere else, and then decide to upgrade the sim to use better software). They can do what they can, but still with our support/JAM they have things to use, if they want the level of Japhar then they can upgrade the sim in the box.

But, the logic is that they get at least their box to work, the minimal requirements (otherwise they will go somewhere else if they could even not use the "minimal", and we would loose them for a probable future upgrade to Japhar as they find out with time it's still a good deal to upgrade the sim, that improves in software a lot their old hardware box... if they are gone somewhere else, then they will be totaly lost for the Japhar Cause). Our logic of the encyclopedia and support of all DM boxes, pays... as often after some months or even years forum members upgrade their sim to Japhar, as they are finally convinced of the real interest to do it... we must not loose them going somewhere else or throwing away their box they consider useless... and cannot manage at least for the minimum of their requirements/needs.

Not everybody can buy a DM900UHD or new UHD box... it's much easier to spend the 30 Euro for a Japhar Sim, and improve considerably their box that was capable of the minimal TV things with older Sim 1.0 or unsupported ones... Sims pay the forum/feeds costs... and with time we convince old boxes users to get a new sim, keeping them here helping them and showing them that if they want more of it, a sim (software) can do the difference.

We hate the forums that "throw away old software" and box support... for us it's a lot of human time and work lost (and content that gets people coming here as only here they find things, also old) when we all know that we can improve the box keeping the hardware but just with new and/or good software.

All our content, also old, is a Magnet, that get more members, and more potential users of Japhar Sim (and so buyers, helping then to pay the costs of Servers/forum/feeds as we have no sponsors, no membership fee and we do all with our own pocket money and time).

We don't want to force the upgrade to the Japhar Sim... as there is "no more old software" available (removing it, cancelling it, wiping it). The old software is here, they find our forum that way and stay here enjoying the community, and it helps to do their minimum requirements, but since a lot happened on past years and software was improved a lot adding functionnalities, this generally get them wishing more from their hardware... then the sim upgrade is next for them (and will cover server costs for all to continue to enjoy the Japhar Community and Forum).

Admin

#21886 - 08/03/20 12:49 PM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
Smokey Online   content
VIP Japhar
journeyman

Hi !
Have OpenPli 7.2 on my DM800se and DM800SE v.2 and wonder if it will upgrade to 7.3 with online update,or do I have to flash the box to get it ?
Another problem is with online update from 7.2 all IPTV plugin like XCPlugin Forever Version / X-Streamity Plugin / Jedi Maker Xstream all will install.
After flashing the boxes with 7.3 none of this plugin will not install.
Have install flash expander.

Smokey

#21890 - 08/03/20 01:09 PM Re: DM800se Latest OpenPLi7.3Star v.6 (Problem) [Re: AJP007]
Toysoft Online   content
Japhar Member
Carpal Tunnel

There were modifications on the software on 7.3 (from 2020.07.14), compared with 7.2 (or previous 7.3 from 2020.06.26).

The plugins could fail due to the new libraries perhaps ? You have to report the error messages, as it could be many things like also the Flash free memory available, etc.

TS

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  NewNigma2 
New Topics
Les principaux fournisseurs d'accès à internet...
by Toysoft
04/19/24 05:38 PM
Dish receives financing offers from credit compani
by Admin
04/12/24 02:33 PM
USB on your DM500HD v1/v2 box...
by Toysoft
04/12/24 12:24 AM
dm500hdv2 original
by Rome125
04/08/24 08:23 PM
Telecom Italia sticks up for NetCo sale
by Admin
04/08/24 02:44 PM
Iliad founder eyes major Ukraine play as deal near
by Admin
04/08/24 02:43 PM
DM500HD : OpenPLi 8.xStar fully installed...
by Admin
04/03/24 02:08 AM
DM800HDse : OpenPLi 8.xStar fully installed...
by Admin
04/03/24 02:08 AM
ERROR after flashing OpenPLi 8.X star 20230624
by Sasillo
03/25/24 06:27 PM
Google voice USA
by Bobo360
01/26/24 04:32 PM