Installation guide / tracking engines diseqc
By Kaktus
Hello everyone,
I often encounter on the main forums, users who experience difficulties in the first installation of a
motorized system; These are rightly addressed to the different grooves
on the web, but most of the time, the same perhaps overestimate the preparation of the user,
so, no one I have, I decided to make a "my" of the situation,
summarizing, completing and integrating them, hoping to help novices powered ..
We begin with the specify that, while pointing a single satellite, (perhaps as strong as Hotbird)
It is a relatively simple operation, (when they have a high margin of error)
faithfully following the end of all satellites is a much more delicate,
who forgives little, and then prompts you to leave nothing to chance.
The first condition will then be the perfect verticality of the pile; I do not think needs to add
another, check the situation and take the necessary measures.
- Now you can set the motor to the pole, without tightening around permanently, as it will
�still it is rotated later.
- Fix Now the parable to the engine, in this case by tightening permanently but do well
attention to setting the record perfectly centered with respect to the sleeve of the motor:

- Now set the elevation of the motor, which, if not diverasamente indicated, will correspond
exactly to your latitude, otherwise it will be attached to a table to get the engine
correct value to set the scale (always dependent on your latitude).

- Now adjust the elevation of the parable: I suggest you go to DishPointer
(http://www.dishpointer.com/), where through the google map and selecting
� "Motorized system", you will get your coordinates, the elevation to be set on the disc
� depending on the selected motor, and even the management of your obstacles!

At this point the finished assembly by connecting the coaxial cable, whose route will
LNB> ENGINE> decoder, such as screen attachments:

Finished assembling highly technical \ mechanic, you can proceed by loading a setting
for motorized on your cable box, and place it along with the TV near the dish.
NB: The satellite closest to your longitude is your reference satellite
(Ex. preceding, being long. 12,49 � comes without saying that the reference case is Hotbird (13 � E)
- Place in the USALS menu decoder to your exact geographical coordinates (see DishPointer);
� Obviously each decoder will have its own menu and their "weird translations"
� but the principle remains that, activate the USALS> enter the coordinates> save.
� Such as screen of a Clarke Tech 3100HD:

- After saving, send the motor on the satellite reference (Hotbird), in the example above
�you should click "go to", but as I said you could find definitions a little 'different;
If everything is in order the engine will automatically move to the example above, approximately
half a degree (the difference between 13 and 12:49); This is called pre-positioning;
To explain it better, staying on simple, let's say the engine, the dinghy to zero, should
point perfectly 12,49E (our longitude), but since there is no such 12,49E
satellite, we must refer to a satellite near (13E in our case), then we work with already 13E
after which she had to the engine displacement from zero.
The engine must point to zero 12,49E, then
when the point of 13E, the engine must not be zero.
You therefore have pre positioned the engine, and the decoder is tuned to a frequency of hotbird;
- At this point, begin to move around the engine block \ parable on the horizontal plane,
cercandoil maximum signal and tightening the nuts permanently after finding it.
- Now maximized further signal intervening exclusively on maximizing
�of the disc, by tightening the nuts, but not in a definitive way.

Aiming base is so concluded, and if you followed all the directions,
you should already be able to splurge on various satellites to the east and west, by selecting channels.
It 's rare to get a traking perfect on the first try, so do not worry if you receive only satellite
most central, is infatt time to examine the results obtained, and make corrections
where necessary.
It examines three SAT: the reference ns (13E), and two other more extreme, such as 30W and 53E;
Move to 30w on the first and then on the 53rd, and in both cases flex with the hand the parable
4 sides of the same, noting that kind of downturn worsens or improves the signal.
In this screen are shown common mistakes and corrections (dutiful thanks to
Boniek, Zabold Litgiak for corrections and additions made to screen the-Stab):

http://prntscr.com/86eq4q

Identified the necessary correction, you must indicate on the TV station, apply it, repeat
occurs at the ends, and so on, quietly and patiently, to follow faithfully the end of Clark.
The movements are always millimeter correction, and not being supported by threaded rods for
adjustments up, will be normal "lose" a bit 'of time in development, including in relation
your experience and skill ...
-es: 53E of the signal improves raising the disc, while the 30W improves lowering ... a mess?
Figure 11: I move the entire engine block \ parable eastward and I check again.
-es: 53E that is on the 30W, the signal improves by lowering the disc, do?
Figure 14: I raise the engine, and at the same time I lower disc (always sat on the panel), riverifico.
- Once you have the exact traking and your system starts to give you satisfaction,
�you can try to change the position of your lnb, advancing it or pushing it back,
�looking further small improvements in signal, (although this must be done on the central TV
�and tested to extremes); On some discs, with excellent results ...
Should not be changed instead of the skew 'lnb, ie its clockwise \ counterclockwise, but will always be
perpendicular to the parable, (the latter declining, will automatically adjust the skew).
WITHOUT USALS:
So far we have examined a diseqc engine running in USALS, but there are cases where this
Protocol is not handled by the decoder, for example, and you have to work with the protocol 1.2.
The difference is that while with the USALS the receiver automatically knows the exact position of
all satellites (based on coordinates entered in the decoder), with 1.2 you will have diseqc
do everything manually:
- You will need to enter the menu of the decoder engine, activate the diseqc 1.2, and with the signal bars
to view, you move the motor with the arrows (both small and large step), finding the maximum
signal and storing the position; Everything must be done for each satellite ... Screen of Ctech:

So if the USALS, after betting the satellite reference, we just had to change the channel for
jump from the far east to the far west, with DiSEqC1.2 before we are forced to move step by step
entire strip storing gradually satellites, and only then we can start with the corrections ...
With this technique, unfortunately, you will also carry out the pre positioning, on the contrary,
dell 'USALS will necessarily approximate, and will require a bit' more patience in
corrections.
Then there are cases in which the mode 1.2 is used only on some satellites, while the other
continue to work in USALS; And 'the case, because errors \ imperfections pointing
or not perfectly vertical pole, you are unable to perfectly center in USALS some positions
satellite, and you "play" up with the arrows, trying to improve, (and storing only these
satellites in 1.2).
I thank all those who post and have posted materials, ideas, experiences,
and that make available its know-how with the ideals of sharing, support and growth.
I hope I have helped to get a good result, and that your system is powered there is already
paying back the commitment required.
Kaktus