This is a guide to help you guys who are struggling to get CrossEPG working on OpenPLi 4. I've reinstalled and configured the same image many times and I've gotten CrossEPG working everytime, below i'll show you how.

Install libcurl4 - This should fix all the issues

It's actually just 1 library thats missing `libcurl4`, install it using:

opkg install libcurl4

You may need to reboot (although I don't think it's necessary).

Go back to CrossEPG, make sure it's set to write to your HDD or USB, select Sky UK from the providers list and hit Download.. tada!

Still not working?
If it's still not working you'll have to do some debugging (It's actually quite easy), run the following command through telnet.

init 4; sleep 4; enigma2;

This will reboot your dreambox and you'll see all the debugging output logged to your console. Go back and try the CrossEPG download, when it fails keep an eye on the logging info and see what it says.

This was how I debugged the `libcurl4` issue!

Hopefully this helps all you guys having issues with CrossEPG, not sure about other images but this 100% works on OpenPLi 4.

The debugging technique should aid you in tracking down any issues your having (relating to CrossEPG or anything else - It's extremely useful to see all the debugging when something goes wrong).

You can install the two ipk attached,

opkg install libcurl4_7.40.0-r0.0_mips32el.ipk
opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.8.1-r0_mipsel_openpli4.ipk

If you have

Upgrading libcurl4 from 7.37.1-r0 to 7.40.0-r0.0 on root.Configuring libcurl4.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for libcurl4:
* libgmp10 (>= 6.0.0) * libgnutls28 (>= 3.3.12) * libc6 (>= 2.20) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libcurl4.

Then replace the bin file, curl with the one attached.

Attachments
libcurl4_7.40.0-r0.0_mips32el.ipk.zip (31 downloads)
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.8.1-r0_mipsel_openpli4.ipk.zip (13 downloads)
curl.rar (9 downloads)