Good evening all.

I'm hoping the good people on here may be able to help me.

I have a DM 800 HD SE (Clone) receiver with an A8P security SIM which was originally supplied with a satellite tuner and which I have used for over Three years without any problems at all.

I have recently purchased a (Clone) cable tuner for this receiver and have today attempted to get this cable tuner set up.

I have installed the cable tuner in the DM800 HD SE.

The image that I am using is OpenPLi 4.0 MastaG GStreamer 1.6.2 with IPTV.

The tuner shows up in the tuner configuration menu and I have entered my UK (Virgin Media) network ID and have then tried to scan for channels but after going through all of the frequencies and whilst displaying "Trying to find used transponder" on screen, the receiver displays the message "ERROR-failed to scan (error starting scan)".

After several attempts and changing the tuners configuration settings I have re-scanned only to be met with the same message once all of the frequencies have scanned.

I have connected an old cable box that I had from years ago (ITGATE TGM 220) to the line to test if this would be able to find any channels and it can find all of the UK FTA and subscription channels so I am certain that there are live services being broadcast on this cable.

I do not have Virgin Media TV service, only Virgin Media broadband, which I believe is the only service I need to receive FTA channels.

(ITGATE TGM 220 can see and list all channels)

If any of the members of the forum would be able to help me or give me some guidance / advice it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you and regards, The Soulman.