The DM8000HD is absolutely not an old box in the facts, the important is just software.

We are working on the next generation of drivers, as we done for DM800HDpvr (in 2015-2016), DM500HD, DM800HDse and DM800HDseV2 in July 2017, DM520HD/DM525HD in April 2017... so we hope to release very soon the new drivers generation with all the new images OpenPLi IPTV 4.0/4.0+/5.0+/6.0+/6.0_RC, OpenBlackHole 4.0+ IPTV and DE-OpenBlackHole 1.5+...

Then you will see that your box will work even better than new boxes as H265 is for now not really used or channels not available to FTA Boxes, that there is a LOT of Flash and RAM on the DM8000HD, and this competes with new boxes...

So I would bet that once we have released the new software, your box will at least last for next 3-5 years again... remember Software is what does all ! DM520HD and DM900UHD are WORST than the DM800HDpvr in matter of software (Perhaps OpenATV 6.x is a little better than all other images for these boxes, but still crashes/fails with most IPTV)... yes, and the DM8000HD is 10 times better than the DM800HDpvr...

Admin

Originally Posted By: Barrr
Just asking because this box is slowly going to be end off live, i would like to be informed how things are going, it`s nice to see al new boxes being supported but this old beast becomes a bit off neglected i think. So some updates good or bad keeps us users more patiently i guess.