OK, my old E2 started giving me problems and then I saw all these offerings from Gods of Japhar and I started to think... laugh

So, here are the results of the Jury of London, regarding this image in Ferrari 500 HD with the mighty Japhar SIM card... laugh

Before all that, CONGRATS on hacking the drivers - well bloody done!!! smile

=============TO THE BUSINESS AT HAND=============

OpenPLi images are smaller, leaner and meaner, hence more suitable for older machines like F500 HD, with smaller flash memory and RAM. Indeed, flashing was uneventful.

1) After the flashing I set out to delete the stuff I did not need (cable.xml, terrestrial.xml in etx/tuxbox, then cable etc. scanning folder in usr/lib/enigma/python/system plugins or some such path etc. etc.).

2) I checked how much space I have and then I sent to /tmp folder the first 2 attached plugins (thanx to Dimitry from OpenPLi for Device Manager and the author of Flash Expander).

3) I also sent 2 small plugins to set paths for picons and EPG. I find them useful. They go to System Plugins folder. The last plugin is there to fill my quota of 5 attachments maximum... laugh

4) After each change/installation => RESTART!!!

5) Logic commands to install Device Manager first. I tested this plugin properly for Dimitrij and I can vouch it works well on OpenPLi images!

I have a 16GB USB stick mounted internally, in the USB port inside my Ferrari500HD. It is partitioned in 2 parts, a smaller one which I mounted as /media/usb and a bigger one, which I mounted as custom /media/cf partition.

5a) /media/usb is about 1.5GB and it will be used for Flash Expander ONLY!

5b) /media/cf is around 14.5 GB and it will be used for picons, EPG, downloading subtitles, buffering, cash for IPTV Player and alike.

5c) I will add a UBS HDD as /media/hdd later, when I set up these essential functions, so the structure of E2 setup is sound and E2 has enough space to do what is necessary.

6) Flash Expander is used to expand the /usr folder to the first partition of my USB memory stick.

When it was all done, one could read this output in Telnet (sda1 is the /media/usb, now /usr folder, with loadsa space for all you want...):

Quote:
openpli 6++ dm500hd

root@dm500hd:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 60.0M 57.6M 2.4M 96% /
devtmpfs 66.3M 4.0K 66.3M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs 66.4M 256.0K 66.1M 0% /var/volatile
/dev/sda1 1.5G 132.0M 1.3G 9% /usr
/dev/sda2 13.2G 161.5M 13.0G 1% /media/usb

The description of setting up will continue n another post, due to 5 files limitation to attaching function here... wink

Attachments
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-devicemanager_1.2.zip (30 downloads)
enigma2-plugin-extensions-flashexpander_pli_0.1_mipsel.zip (16 downloads)
EPGPathSet.zip (20 downloads)
PiconPathSet.zip (14 downloads)
epgimport_1.0-r40-20150327_all.zip (13 downloads)

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking.Their is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think." - Martin L. King