Hello,

Hopefully as you write, since already 3 years most of the services such as the ones you talk about that are less and less, are going thru IPTV streams, that is fully compatible with DM8000HD boxes and Japhar Images.

The Plus that Japhar brings with it's own images is the IPTV compatibility and support, that adds to the DM8000HD power having Sat, Cable and Terrestrial, also the IPTV.

It still has a big future as all the Linux boxes, as IPTV was never intended and developped for it in past, but due to it's capacity it is able to easily handle IPTV services.

Yes, so the upgrade to new sim/software/images brings you also IPTV in addition to all other functionnalities. Just the Japhar IPTV FTA List is more than 1300 channels... and there is thousands more to be added/found worldwide. Your receiption is no more limited to the satellites covering your region (Europe), but you can also receive IPTV channels from all over the world, even Australia or USA/Canada, South America etc...

The last "official OpenPLi" DM box supported is the DM8000HD, as it has a lot of FLASH and RAM, and is still at the edge today of DM boxes as HD is what is needed (H265 and 4K are like 3D, of not big use at least before 2022).

I personally have 6 DM8000HD, all upgraded to the latest software and I enjoy all what I want having added the extra IPTV services as if nothing changed on the past years.

Admin