to Johnny,
Emo advised me to contact you because my DM800HD does not boot despite multiple precious suggestions by many members. I am exploring a factory reset without knowing how to perform it.
Description of the failure:
1- When I insert the power supply plug, the ethernet plug starts flashing both colors: yellow and green, led starts flashing red and on the box screen, message: Dream Multimedia. The tv screen opens with a V+ Black Hole 2.1.7 and www.vuplus-community.net purple image, it lasts 10 seconds
2 - After, everything stops during 15 seconds: only internet plug yellow, non led light , TV screen is black
3 - The ethernet plug starts flashing both colors: yellow and green, led starts flashing red and on the box screen, message: Dream Multimedia booting... . The tv screen opens with a V+ Black Hole 2.1.7 and www.vuplus-community.net booting ...blue image.
When I open DDC with the right parameters, There is no connexion with the box and a message: "error 10057 on functioning Send Socket is not connected."
History:
A streaming provider (I am for three years a satisfied client) proposed me to test for one day a CCcam extension. I accepted. when its programming through Anydesk finished, the provider told to restart the box. It failed persistently from that moment. I had the Dreambox 800HD for 5 years and I have been pleased with it. It worked well. I can operate it, not program it. The provider offered to reprogram the box once it it is booting.
Among my seven image flashing negative experiences, there was an image recommended by teak-won-do: newenigma2-ipk-weekly-dm800-06_09_2020.nfi. And it is presently flashed in the box. With all 5 others, including my own 2 previous ones, no image at all has appeared on the TV screen.
I would definitely appreciate your advice.
Montroc