to Admin,

I checked and results are negative:
1- I can ping my original DM800HD but no FTP or Telnet. Sometimes DCC has FTP connecting but after 20 sec more or less, it is disconnected and my PC is blocked. I have to relaunch it.
2- My PC does not have a RS232 port and I do not have a RS232 cable.
I am totally incompetent to imagine a technical solution to a programming mistake. Nevertheless,I have the feeling that flashing might work to provide a factory reset. Among the seven flashing images I have tried, the most useful but unfortunately not totally efficient was "newenigma2-ipk-weekly-dm800-06_09_2020.nfi". But I do not know if such a marvel does exist? I am surprised that the initial Dreambox 800HD developers have not created a solution to that problem enabling factory reset when none FTP, Telnet or others are unable to access the box.
Let me know your opinion and better your solution
Thank you
Montroc

Originally Posted By: Admin
Use Telnet with Putty tool, as DCC is buggy, or just the Windows tool "telnet" (if it's activated, on Win7+ you have a menu to activate ftp, telnet etc).

If you have no telnet access, then you need to go thru the Service Port on the back of the box, and so only Putty in COM with 115200bps speed can give you access to the log, and the JapharFlasher will help you to flash clean new images to the box. But to successfully do this, better is to have a PC with RS232 port and real RS232 cable... to access the Service Port, as the USB-RS232 are generally VERY BAD and FAILING most of time.

Admin